Thanks for your service. Here are a number of websites we hope will be helpful in your transition. If you find others, please let me know. Scott Leishman (former OD green 25th Division army infantry officer) email@example.com
Mind Mapping to problem solve your Job Search 5 minute video to help you frame your job search strategy
LinkedIn Military job matching – lots of LinkedIn tips including a free upgrade to job seeker for vets
Job Hero General resume, cover letter and job hunting resources and job listings
Internet Job Boards
LinkedIn (get connected to college alum, military unit members, join groups to extend reach)
- Save a job search agent
- Search for military AND (recruit* or talent) in job titles to find military recruiters within corporate America
- Search for name = LION (LinkedIn Open Networker) or “No IDK” to find people in groups or at target companies open to new connections who will not click the “I Don’t Know” this member box
- Then use your LinkedIn connections to research jobs at their companies
- The internal job post has much more info (salary, hiring manager, if there is an internal candidate)
- Often employees get a $500-1000 referral fee
- They may be able to tell you if the hiring manager and that department are a good place to work
Glassdoor (save job search agent, check company ratings, see possible interview questions)
Indeed (save a job search agent) – Glassdoor and Indeed aggregate job postings from many different job boards
Find a job board specific to your field and save a job search agent there too.
Remote, Portable Careers
Mad Skills – A Virtual Staffing Company for Remote, Portable Careers
America’s Career Force – A non-profit organization dedicated to connecting career-minded military spouses with companies offering remote careers.
Corps Team – A nationwide, boutique, talent advisory, search and staffing firm founded by a military spouse
The Mom Project – We connect world-class companies with talented and diverse women
Learn to Work Remotely – How to Find a Job & Be Successful Working from Home
SUBSCRIPTION Needed for Jobseekers
Flexjobs – FlexJobs is the leading job search site specializing in professional telecommuting, part-time, freelance, and flexible jobs.
Mentoring and Career Development
Veterari – Mentoring Network for the Military – (Includes Active Duty, Veterans and Military Spouses)
In Gear Career – In Gear Career is program of Hiring Our Heroes and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. We are dedicated to providing past and present career-minded Military Spouses with free professional networking and career development opportunities.
Blue Star Families – Strengthening military families through career development, care giving, and our leading research on military family life, we’re striving to better understand and provide solutions to the challenges facing today’s military families.
Career Spark – Run by: Hiring our Heroes, US Chamber of Commerce, Blue Star Families, Resume Builder, Interview Prep and Networking site